Happy Birthday Idle Rogues, your community is eight years old on November 8th. A brief origin story exists over on the old blog, but the story is long and has many twists. Some of our highlights from the last eight years?
- Our opening live music event, a 12 hour festival of carefully curated live musicians that left us both exhausted and exhilarated
- The Beautiful Freaks Burlesque CircusOur first rock extravaganza productions – “Bowie Bravin and The Beautiful Freaks” and “Mr Timeless and The Pale Hypnotic“
- The many beautiful and eclectic friendships that have formed on Idle Rogue, and those who wandered in and made it their home.
- The gradual building of a community of people who liked what we do and made it more fun to do it
- Residencies from Jordan Reyne, Tukso Okey, Kiplan Carlyle and Bowie Bravin
- The heavy joy of Deep Sky Traveler
- Working to bring well known musicians like The Eden House, Dalek, and Riz Maslen into Second Life and our Music² benefit for indie musicians.
- Guerilla Burlesque starts to dominate the dance community
- Idle Rogue’s New Resident Village and the many friends we still have from those days
- Our association with The Joy Of Steampunk and their generous patronage as we moved onto our own sim
- Bringing you some of the best live musicians in Second Life – Digby Smalls, Guitar Zane, Anek Fuchs, Saintess Larnia, AMForte Clarity, Hazideon Zarco, JimmyT49 Dukes, Ed Kyomoon, StevenJaimz Hunniton, Armin Finesmith, Dragonfly, Tallyesin, Pol Arida, The Follow and many many more
- Le Cirque de Nuit
- After Dark and The Metaharpers of Second Life join the Idle Rogue ecosystem
- Adding an Idle Rogue Guild to service our community in Guild Wars 2
- Roguery Camp, now three year veterans of the amazing Burn2 experience
- Idle Rogue Radio
- 1000 Group Members!
Happy Birthday Idle Rogues, one and all. You make me smile every day, and you add one thousand nuances to my Second Life – chry xx